View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2006, 11:33 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Riggler, I hate to disappoint, but I not going to be posting on a daily basis. Heroscape happens to be me favorite game to play, but falls short in priority to many things in my real life.

Have patience, grasshopper.

On to the map judging...

I am not a fan of of naming specific glyphs to a map, I am more of a fan of picking random glyphs from a glyph pool and placing them on a predetermined hex. I have no reasoning to say one way is better than the other, I just wanted to explain where I am coming from.

I agree with GrungeBob that we need to try to limit any "extra" hexes from appearing on tournament maps. Onesy and twosy extra hexes may not seem like a big deal to us, but that is because I am betting that we have most of everything that Hasbro has released and in multiples at that. I believe that we should limit maps to just whole Master Sets, none of the Wave figure expansions.

That being said, in able for Forsaken waters to reach the 24 hex starting zone and not mess up the balance of the map against the glyphs, it might be easier to stretch the starting zones back. Without changing the lay of the map too much, I think we can get away with moving the 2 three-hex grass pieces that appear toward the bottom of the map to behind the 21 hex starting zones that CornPuff suggested. What do you guys think about that idea?

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)