View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Just got Shadow of the Sun and Stone & Relic from Small Box Games that I kickstarted in October. Did some dry runs to get the rules and mechanics down. Hope to play at least one of them tomorrow at game night.
I did the whole Kickstarter package for Small Box Games last time, which makes me three for three for John Clowdus' Kickstarter projects. I just received those two games and the Valkyrie Incident, as well. I played through a few solo rounds of Stone and Relic, and that looks to be pretty fun. I'd be interested in your impressions after your game night.

Well I'm hoping to get it in tomorrow night. I know there was already requests for Descent, Spartacus, Tammany Hall and Power Grid, amongst others. Last Monday night we had a record 24 people show up for a week night (have gotten over 30 on all day Saturday events). So if we get anywhere that many, I should be able to get a 2 or 3 of them to try out Stone and Relic. I did a full 3 player solo game this morning and it was cool in the different avenue to get points. Cities are huge at the end and add up a good bit toward your wealth and influence. Getting a Castle surrounded by 4 Cities is nice! It took awhile to play, but I'm sure that's because I was playing 3 different hands and trying to figure things out at the same time as far as combos. Getting those free extra actions is nice from spells, but you have to keep track of them, though that's not unlike the game Last Will.

I think Shadow of the Sun will be the easiest to teach. It's pretty straight forward, but it will be a neat one that has that "take that" element that many of my group enjoys. I also like the bluffing aspect of it. I did a 3 player solo dry run yesterday, though Legion Building doesn't translate as well solo since you know what the other Legions that are being built. But it seems fun too. Hopefully that will hit the game table soon too.

I didn't order the Valkyrie Incident because it's a 2 player game and I already have trouble getting the ones I already have to the table. The group usually plays 3+ player games, but occasionally there are dead times for a couple players between games or after someone leaves to get a 2 player game in. My 17 year-old nephew used to be my go-to 2 player game buddy, but since he started working and having a girlfriend, ol' uncle Greg got kicked to the curb except for maybe once every couple months. But I look forward to hearing how you like Valkyrie Incident.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon