View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2015, 05:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Book of Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) (Desgin Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Thanks for the info Johnny!

I was looking at Grish cards the other day and really appreciated the way he incorporates a figures weakness, I think it is one thing C3G has not represented all that well and I'd like to make some effort to change that in future designs.

With Martian Manhunter having the Fire Weakness power and it looks like the Firestorm Matrix has some kind of anti-Android aspects to it, Firestorm should be a natural counter draft to him. I'd like to work somewhere into the Firestorm design a power that lets him do extra damage to figures with the Fire Weakness special power. Or maybe have any figures with the Fire Weakness special power adj. to Firestorm takes a wound.
Honestly YK the fire thing is more from the Flash show and he's more manipulating atoms and changing things into other things.
Actually, until recently, the fire on his body didn't even do anything, and was just for show, he could still project energy, but his personal flames were harmless. (I believe when he was reborn during the Brightest Day was when the switch was made to real fire.)

And there are enough instances in the comics of the two entities of the firestorm matrix not getting along to warrant a power to reflect that (although 1-6 is pretty high). I also think that some sort of power is needed to depict the dual personality, so what is there is fine. I was thinking it would be interesting if you would not be able to use one of the two classes/Identities if you roll low enough, depicting them not working together.

Firestorm Matrix is very cool as it is, although I think it is hard to get the full theme out of a guy who can conjure bubble gum from the air to catch people falling from the air.

One concern, you have his two Classes as Crimefighter, and Scientist, meaning he fits well into two, already very powerful factions. Not a huge concern by itself, but those two factions happen to be the Fantastic Four (+some other stuff) and Luke Cage's Avengers, both Marvel teams. One of the two would be fine, but two makes him feel like he's never going to be worth drafting in a thematic army. Just my opinion
One suggestion was for the Ronnie side to be a Lazy Student which I liked ... Maybe Lazy Student and Brilliant Professor...The problem is that the Marvel teams have the synergies and other than the Titans and Vigilante there are not many key word synergies in DC yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I played Ubu today with his Lazarus Pit glyph and was wondering if the glyph-destroying should be on all glyphs or just equipment glyphs.
It's an idea that has been thought of. I need to do an inventory of Glyphs and see what would and would not be affected.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.