View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2021, 05:10 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Interactive Terrain Brainstorming thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
-> Opponents' figures must be adjacent to small and medium figures next to a Hedron to attack those figures with a normal attack. [Less powerful version of Glyph of Thorian]

I find that one to be really fun to play with on the board, how are you thinking that happens in terms of flavor? If I was going to spitball ideas, it might be interesting to have terrain that interacts/impacts specific factions. They look like Vydar could have summoned them/placed them.
I Agree this is the best of my ideas in terms of interesting gameplay and map design, and is very simple rules that does not need a card, as is very similar to glyph of Thorian. As far as "story" - I don't know unless we want to bring the MtG "Plansewalker" mythos into Valhalla, or maybe something vaguely resembling the mythology like some objects that were summoned from wellsprings from another dimension.

Anyway in terms of map-making, I see them as spread AT LEAST 7 hexes away form each other to prevent people from moving just from one to the other to not be attacked, or maybe at least some parts of the map this way. But they would make interesting "choke points" as a lot of the fighting might end up around them.