View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2021, 02:11 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

I appreciate the advice. I thought about setting up an LLC. In Connecticut, it's $120 to the state (not a big deal) with an annual fee of $20, but then we need to get a tax ID number and file a tax return. Until recently every LLC had to pay a minimum tax of $250 even if you didn't make any money or even if you lost money. Although that fee is now gone (which is a miracle in and of itself in that the State of CT never reduces taxes) it could come back at any time (particularly once the feds stop giving the states COVID money and people decide it's safe to move back to NYC thereby taking their high incomes that we tax heavily with them.) The bank I use charges $20 a month for a business account unless you keep at least $1,000 in the account at all times. Major PIA. If this is successful and becomes an annual event, then maybe we set up the LLC and build the charges in.