View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2021, 01:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@BiggaBullfrog , @Leaf_It , Hey tourney organizers, I'm planning on making up some great 3d printed proxies for a bunch of the C3V releases that I'm never going to buy because of the price. They are going to look very similar to the original pieces and sized accordingly. Afterwards I'll be posting them for printing on thingiverse and linked here. I'm talking stuff like the blood of gruumsh set for those orcs and such. Kuthnak and the Archer champ. Question is, are you guys going to care if I show up with one to play with at a tournament. They should be pleasing to the eye because I'll be using different pieces of the official orc sculpts with some of my own added accessories and sculpting to make the C3V proxies. They will look more like grut orcs than the official ones.
This was addressed a bit in Discord, but I'm also replying here in case there are people watching the thread who are also curious.

Our stance on proxies has been pretty loose, and we've allowed alternate sculpts plenty of times. As long as they're the same general size, like Scott says, we're cool with them. I'd like to add that I definitely appreciate it when people give us a heads up about proxies they'd like to use, along with pictures on the board next to other minis if possible. The pictures are mostly a formality so we can see them and say "Yeah, that works." The heads up is definitely appreciated so that on game day if other players have a question about the proxy we can say that we cleared them in advance to head off potential issues. Not that I expect people to have issues -- we've got an awesome group and I've never seen people in our scene nitpick about proxies -- but more because I'm paranoid and like to have my bases covered.
I plan on using a rebased Beanie Baby as Morgoloth next week. Is that cool?
Height 7.

P.S. Please add horns.
I will 3d print him some horns and bring the super glue.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo