View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2016, 05:52 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart
Re: How balanced are AotP units to classic 'scape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
In blended games I'm looking on the Planeswalkers as basically powerful magicians who are an expensive army card, and their AOTP units as their personal entourage that help magnify their power, whether shiny plastic elemental beings or solid plastic regular being who have been recruited by the PWs.

But they are not supposed to be the leaders of the whole blended army, or extend their powers out to the regular units in general, or treat Scape units ecasxtly as AOTP units. You can think of it as two factions coming together in a common cause. That's why I don't let Scape units be summoned or etc. Again, in my idea its AOTP being brought into the Scape world of Valhalla, not vice versa. So it all depends on what you are trying to do. I have a long and varied Scaping 'career,' but no background in MTG other than a few games played with free decks in a GenCon hotel room!

I can't do cool graphics, but I know my rules work in the games I've played so far. The Turn Sequence is the one we worked on together on the two sites, not mine alone.
Well I'd like to be able to play AotP/HS hybrid games without requiring that both sides run a hybrid army. If all of Chandra's spells and abilities that damage "target creature" can't damage HS units, then she's screwed if I run a pure HS army against her.

L.K.R.