View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2020, 01:02 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Absolutely! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Playtest for Rania

Map: Sirocco

420 Point Armies

Army 1: Rania, 2x Armoc Vipers, 2x Aubrien Archers, Guilty

Army 2: Deathchasers x4, Ogre Pulverizer, Me-Burq-Sa, Marro Warriors

Glyphs: Move +2, Initiative

General Summary: The game started with Death chasers and Me-Burq-Sa advancing across the board while Rania set up shop in an advantageous spot in the middle with Archers and Armocs staying close in order to benefit from Ullar's Fire. The Archers came were able to stem the tide of advancing deathchasers fairly well, with Rania helping to pick off a couple figures that were able to get through.

The two armies traded steady blows without either really pulling ahead until Me-Burq-Sa got close enough to shoot Rania. He hit her with 4 wounds in one turn, and then finished her off on the next turn after hitting the roll for paralyzing stare. After Rania went down, Armocs and Archers went down quickly as well. Guilty staged an incredible come back by himself, taking down Me-Burq-Sa and the Marro Warriors essentially singlehandedly, but in the end, the Ogre Pulverizer caught up to him and made short work of him.

The game ended with a 4 life Ogre Pulverizer and 1 Deathchaser remaining.

Rania killed 2 Deathchasers with her normal attack. On both attacks, she rolled 2/3 skulls the first roll, but got to reroll the one she missed because of Ullar's Light. On both occassions she rolled a skull the second time - causing her to go 3/3 on both attacks. It is worth noting that neither of those extra skulls were the reason she killed the 2 deathchasers. They would've died anyway.

Ullar's Fire was successful 3 out of 5 times. 1 Wound was placed on Me-Burq-Sa, and 2 Deathchasers were killed. All in all, Rania did about 90 points worth of damage. I did utilize her mostly as a cheerleader - backing up Aubrien Archers. I think she could have done more damage if I'd used her a little more aggressively.

My Thoughts: Rania seemed to work well with the Armoc's. Having the shot at Ullar's Fire was a nice consolation for losing one. As the card is currently worded, it doesn't seem entirely clear if Rania gets to use Ullar's Fire multiple times when facing an opponent's army that had bonding, or is playing an army like Wyrmlings or Elementals where multiple turns are being taken.
Personally, I like the idea of combining this iteration with a previous idea you had and having the d-20 roll for Ullar's Fire happen immediately after an ullar figure you control is destroyed. While I like that idea the most, I don't know how much that special in general fits the mini. I would expect something like that more from a Wizard or Battlemage than a Warlord. While personally it doesn't bother me, I can see why others might take issue with that part of the design.

Keep up the good work!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog