View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:02 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Faure's comic customs

New: 4-2-2011: I really liked the concepts of the Event Hero and Anti-Monitor, so I designed this cross-over figure, that just seemed a natural foe from an alternate dimension.

Event Hero: Ultimate Eye Tyrant
Spoiler Alert!

I've rearranged my other customs here between figures and glyphs.

Gotham Friends & Foes
One of the things I really enjoyed in the old Batman TV series and comics was the range of devices & plots the villains would come up with. For some characters such as the Joker and Penguin I've felt that while their C3G capture a good essence of the character, there hasn't been as much thematic support, so that's what I targeted with my first foray here into comic customs.

First, for the Penguin, is the Penguin Bot -- large robot penguins to aid him vs. Batman & Robin. With a couple Safari Emperor Penguins around home, they seemed the perfect size to serve as either guards or attackers. [And reminded me of the giant penguin in Monty Python's Scott of the Antarctic episode].

Penguin Bot
Spoiler Alert!

I modeled their abilities on Deathwalker 7000, but gave them more opportunity to move through a Crime Lord activation and a ranged attack, though with a slower move and no dodge.

Gotham Undercover Cops Updated: 3-22-2011
One additional unit for my Gotham related theme. These are the Gotham Undercover Cops--a pair of figures who can infiltrate and potentially inactivate the minions of various Crime Lords.
Spoiler Alert!

Joker Glyphs
Second, for the Joker, are a couple of Equipment Glyphs allowing him a couple different options to attack, or escape. In games so far, we've allowed Joker to start a game equipped with one hidden glyph of the player's choosing, giving some unpredictability and uncertainty to the opponent as to what the Joker will spring upon them.

The Glyph of Calling Card allows the Joker to play the glyph when someone engages him, and immediately escape.
Spoiler Alert!

The Glyph of Bang! Gun came to mind as the classic Joker 'toy'. It may come to nothing, or it may be quite lethal.
Spoiler Alert!

The Glyph of Razor Cards is a different variant of a ranged attack, again with some probability of fumbling the deck. I liked the idea of integrating the "Dead Man's Hand" here, which is why I made it 4 attacks to represent the 4 cards of the hand.
Spoiler Alert!

I have one other Joker glyph in the works based on the Joker miniature figure we use: Glyph of Joker Fish Bombs.

Interested to hear thoughts and comments on these.

Last edited by faure; April 2nd, 2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: updated picture locations/images