View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2018, 11:18 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

I used clear PETG for my fire elemental and did a red, orange, and yellow wash. I'm happy with how they turned out.

The clear PETG is $28 for 1kg, which is about 100 meters (I haven't done the density calculation). A medium Heroscape figure uses about .5m to 1m of filament. That's about $.14 to $.28 a figure, about a quarter a figure.

Machine time is 20 minutes to 4+ hours depending on the desired resolution and complexity. I use fairly fast settings for mine, since I haven't seen much difference with slower settings. So I'm on the lower end of time. But TREX's printer has better resolution so it probably takes longer.

There is also some time involved in cleaning off support structures after the print.

But the basic material cost is low.
Thanks for this info. It's exactly what I was looking for. Just a general idea. Thanks to @TREX , my son now REALLY thinks we should get a printer. $28 for at least 100 figures doesn't seem like a big loss in learning curve start-up. $0.25 and a couple hours is all I'm losing in a failed test I guess. My worry was actually how much money would I waste trying to get good at this. I don't think I'd be creating my own models anytime soon so I'd be using models I could find around.

And it looks like if I get the same model as someone else I should just be able to use their settings right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.