View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:21 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Proto's Customs--Open for Business, 12/09!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Kato Katsuro's Command ability, which is similar to this, uses the phrase "Samurai squad" rather than "Samurai unit". Perhaps changing your wording to "Golem squad" (or "Therian Golem squad") would help clarify what you are going for.
Ah, mayhaps I should've stolen my friend's samurai to check that. Although I did notice on the Hive's cards, it also says Small or Medium Marro Squads. So that's also a big hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
I think I am with you on that one.
Yeah, I don't want to make him more than about 140 points, because the main commander is going to be around 160. I might actually bumb her up to 180-ish, and bump the generator down to 40 or so, because to bring her back it still requires the sacrifice of an Overseer--an extra 100 points, minimum. I guess I'll just get there when I get there.

I'm getting my figures today (finally... ), so I'll be able to move forward with some of the guys I didn't know what to do with (i.e. Storm Flamers, Assault Goliaths, Tiamat herself) now that I'll be able to see their actual cards.

EDIT: Well, the figures came in today, and I played my first game with them. I played a 520-point game in which I used Sigma Urash (140), Storm Golems x2 (300), Heavy Storms x2 (460) and a Storm Leader (520). We realized some things during the battle--regular Storm Golem's Reaper Blades should only give them +1 extra die roll for adjacency, Sigma's attack needs to drop to 3, and there needs to be more synergy between the Storms and the Storm Leader. Still unsure about my thoughts on the Storm Leader (both in terms of stats and pricing, because I want him to be helpful, but he needs to be cheape, too--maybe 40 points), but the kinks should fix themseves out tomorrow, when a few friends are coing over, and we're going to be working on tweaking custom figures all day.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!

Last edited by ProtoFury; December 12th, 2009 at 01:07 AM.