View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2018, 05:54 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played my first game of Scythe solo against the Automa. I randomly chose factions with myself being Polania and the Automa taking Crimea. I also used the excellent ScytheKick app to help solve all the Automa movement for me, which was a huge help and well worth the cost of the app upgrade. I could see doing it manually eventually, but it saved me a ton of time.

The game itself was interesting. The Automa can move and spread very quickly once it gets the ability to cross water. I played the easiest setting since it was my first attempt at solo play and was surprised by how overwhelmed I felt by the Automa boxing me in. I couldn't spread out nearly as much as I usually do against human opponents, and the Automa always seemed to have plenty of power to make combat a challenge. I did win two combats, but they were both ties, so I got lucky as the attacker.

Still stayed ahead on stars and pulled out a 72 - 62 win. Closer than I thought it would be, but like I said the Automa spread and held the factory at the end, so it was a tougher opponent than I anticipated on the easiest setting.