View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: A Melee Perspective on the HeroScape Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
DA's snark aside, I guess I'm confused as to exactly what perspective you're writing from here.

If it's "what's done well and does well in my experience", then I can't see stingers at a B-. They're consistent winners in the hands of good players.

If it's "what effective with and against a melee player", then I don't really see Q9 as an A+. He's really good, obviously, but he's not too scary to knights/heavies/axegrinders. He's tough for knights and axegrinders to beat if there are rats in the way, but that's more due to the rats than Q9 himself. Stingersx3 + ratsx3 + Raelin is at least as scary to knights as Q9 + ratsx3 + Raelin, and potentially more because they can get start dealing 3 attacks of 4 if they can find some height. (And it's much more scary to axegrinders.)
I didn't even see his comment, so no worries. I mean he is the reason the ignore button was invented...

It's more (and perhaps I should change the title) from the perspective of a melee enthusiasts players perspective. Does that make sense?

I figured my Stinger rating would be the most controversial with players. In my experiences with melee, especially melee bonding Stingers just lose almost every time. If it weren't for the back-stab of Hawthrone I think my tourney record against stingers with melee bonding armies would be like 15-0 (or something very close to that).

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G