View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cincinnati "Preset" Tournament Sat 7/16/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Minions x3 (330) + Taelord (180)= 510
vs.
Sentinelsx3 (330) + Raelin RotV (80) + Iron Golem (100) = 510

Classic. Minions have better OM efficiency, but Sentinels get an extra bruiser.
Yes: Minions+ Taelor vs. Sentinels + Raelin is DEAD even on the match up calculator. Sentinels won more often on the flat board, but Minions get the advantage on OM & height (more skulls than shields), but they cost 100 more. The iron golem evens it out nicely.

Quote:
Drow x3 (210) + Master of the Hunt (140) + Mika Connour (110)= 460
vs.
Phantom Knights (210) + Frost Giant of Morh (140) + Evar Scarcarver (110) = 460

This match-up is interesting because so many of the units' special abiities are weakened. Drow like to face a lot of heroes to get the most out of their Poison, PKs like to face range, and if the Frost Giant dies from a Poison wound he doesn't get to use Dying Swipe. Drow and Mika will like the map, though.
The PKs mobility gave them an edge on a non-D&D map, but when I tried it out on a D&D map it was pretty much a wash. I had to play test this one a bunch.

Quote:
Tor-Kul-Na (220) + Marro Drones x3 (150) + Wo-Sa-Ga (135) = 505
vs.
Jotun (225) + Marro Dividers x3 (150) + Greater Ice Elemental (130) = 505

Drones start to lose strength once they drop below 3 squads, but TKN can Stomp without fear of Dividing.
Yes-- Dividers win over drones in a straight up match up, but stomp evens it out. Jotun will kill a lot, but probably not his points. It all evens out in the end!

You know, I pretty much have the boards and armies in mind, but I haven't had a chance to build the boards and work out who will play on what. Maybe I should just list them and see what you guys think?! Or maybe I'm just being lazy.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song