View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:23 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: japes design thread...and that's no joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

NAME = CROSSBONES
SECRET IDENTY = Brock Rumlow
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = Ruthless

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 180

Brutality
When attacking with Crossbones, if the defending figure has a lower Attack number than Crossbones's Attack number, The defending figure subtracts 1 from it's defense. If Crossbones attacks a Civilian with his normal attack, Crossbones may attack one additional time.

MARKSMANSHIP
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Crossbones's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Crossbones' Range number for this turn.
I feel that in a superhero game Marksmanship just isn’t going to cut I, ultimately range 8 and attack of 1 is just going to be me taking a potshot at someone. I would still do it but I wouldn’t really think it was going to work. How about something like this.

Skilled Marksman
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Crossbones's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Crossbones' Range number for this turn. For each number added to Crossbones Range the defending figure must also subtract that same number from their Defense to a minimum of 1.

The wording isn’t 100% but I feel like this would give him a better chance to do a wound from a distance, forcing opponents to reduce up to 4 defense. If it’s too powerful maybe have a clause that says he may only attack opponents exactly that distance away.