View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2021, 11:59 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Valkyrie - A HeroScape Fan Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend
The fast pace is actually something I'm trying to cut back on. I feel like I'm too focused on introducing things quickly (see my recent FFC), and need to slow things down so that stuff can be introduced at a more natural pace. I have so far failed to do that, but if it's a plus in your book, then I'll count it as a win.
Considering the last thing I wrote had a 60-page segment that consisted of little more than just characters visiting I'd say it's a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend
The distant tone is something I neither realized nor intended. I'm chalking it up to being out of practice, and writing about characters who are indeed distant. It's also something I'm trying to do less of; I want to write more like I did with the opening of HiS, where everything was through the character's eyes and personal.
I usually try to have the narration be very personal, but I think it works for Utgar as he seems like a very guarded individual who'd have little to say about his experiences.

Don't have much to say on chapters 3 + 4 other than lots of fighting and I'm curious what this villain (if he even is a villain) will turn out to be/want. You and your cliffhangers, you.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; February 18th, 2021 at 12:18 AM.