View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: White Knight's Star Wars Customs--Empire, Fringe, Rebels

Playtest Results Summaries #2--ORDER 66

I ran some more 400 point army playtests this past weekend.

Scenario
Order 66--Jedi and Wookies versus Clones.

All battles were played on White Knight's Glacier Creek battlefield:

Army #1--Jedi
Kai Winjay (140pts)
Beren Krane (140pts)
Batt Owlar (20pts)
Wookie Fighters (x2) (50x2=100pts)

Army #2--Clones
Commander Garen Ponds (100pts)
Captain Lock (80pts)
Clone Troopers (x4) (50x4=200pts)

Battles #1 and #2
The Jedi sent Beren Krane to hold the bridge and use Jedi Mind Trick 15 while the Wookies came up behind him to take out the Clones.

Unfortunately, the Clones used Commander Garen Ponds to take out the Jedi--his high attack was able to overcome the Jedi's Lightsaber Deflection.

Battle 1--Clones win (7 Clones destroyed)
Battle 2--Clones win (5 Clones destroyed)

Changes
At this point, I decided that the Jedi were too weak:

Beren Krane
I changed Jedi Mind Trick to 13 instead of 15.
I increased his Attack from 4 to 6. (I felt that a Jedi should be able to take out a clone per turn most of the time. It didn't feel right for a Jedi to attack a Clone squad member and not do any damage.)

Kai Windjay
I increased Kai's defense from 3 to 4 to help him survive a little longer. I also changed Lightsaber Block 14 to Lightsaber Block 7.

Battle #3
This battle was much closer. Besides the changes above, the Jedi changed their tactics. They still sent Beren to hold the bridge (and Jedi Mind Trick came into affect several times), but they had the Wookies take out Commander Garen Ponds instead of attacking the Clones.

Beren suffered 5 wounds, and the Wookies were destroyed, but Kai Windjay was able to take out Captain Lock and the rest of the Clone Troopers with only suffering 3 wounds.

Jedi win--with Batt, Beren (1/6 life left), and Kai (3/6 life left).

I'm hoping I didn't make the Jedi too powerful now, but I don't think I did. On a more open battlefield, more clones would have been able to get adjacent to Beren and attack him. And special attacks can get by the Jedi Lightsaber defenses.

COMMENTS
Commander Garen Ponds works great with the Clone Troopers. The first two battles really felt like Order 66. Captain Lock had a harder time making a difference. He only used his Thermal Detonator SA once, and the only figure he wounded was himself.

The Wookies are a nice hard-hitting squad and were fun to play. The Jedi's were kind of wimpy in the beginning, but with my changes they are much more powerful--especially against squads. Jedi Mind Trick was good to stop the clones from attacking about once a round, and the clones just wouldn't attack Beren unless they were adjacent. Kai Windjay also offered a dilemma for the Clones--to get past his Lightsaber Block they needed to get adjacent, but that left them vulnerable to his Whirlwind Assault.

Again, it was fun to finally be able to play with some of the cards I made!