View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2017, 11:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I think this game looks so cool. So, so cool. And it seems to me I could play it with just the instructions and my mountain of Heroscape stuff.

The problem is, I don't have the person to play it against. For now. I look forward to seeing your posts, Hahma, and I think a separate thread is a good idea. Not because the others were out of place, but because here you can post streams and streams of pictures and we can all talk about it or dream about it without necessarily talking about whether we're playing it *now*. So I supported your posts elsewhere but I like it this way, too, and I see the advantage of a separate thread.
Yeah, this is the best place for this stuff. The rulebook is relatively inexpensive and the system isn't too difficult to learn. Minis and terrain can be whatever, heck, I'm sure people have used whatever is laying around the house as some terrain pieces. Hopefully you'll be able to someday find someone that would play it with you DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Hahma , I just love that you share all your stuff and its so picture heavy. Reasons like this is why I don't just play heroscape anymore. Similar things have got me to try out a bunch of different games and I love all of it. I should be getting my other 4 manuals in the mail today....Exciting. I have been putting in even more hours at work than my usual 6 days a week.(Mandantory training) So yesterday after work I was forced to just drink beer and go to sleep early. I will be throwing up a bit of custom terrain here soon that I have been hit and miss working on for frostgrave and hexless heroscape.

and......I cant rep you yet. Cool idea for Frostgrave's own thread.
Hey TREX, at first, I thought you were going to be throwing up after that "one" beer

Look forward to seeing your custom stuff. Don't work too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
@Hahma

I'm glad that you started this thread. Great idea!

I love the new mat.

I did the exact same thing with mulch a couple of years back and it actually works pretty well.

Like @Dad_Scaper , I have no one to play Frostgrave with even though I have some of the stuff already. I'll have to live play vicariously through you. Is that a thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Tut, tut. I like looking at your Frostgrave stuff, @Hahma , and it excites my imagination about an unfamiliar gaming system. It's something you're playing, and you're sharing your passion for it, and you are doing so without bragging or making anyone feel left out. It's just sharing, and I welcome those posts.

And, as I recall, you've gotten about a zillion questions about it
. So if you've gotten feedback that your posts about Frostgrave are not welcome, I'm sorry to hear it. I enjoy them.
This is true. I think that you even got a couple of new people involved with the game. That is saying something.
-
-
-
Thanks Keglo, I like the mat too. Yeah, the mulch thing seems to be a good cheap way to get some scatter terrain on the board.

Part of my excitement and posting in that other thread was because others seem interested, so I'm glad that it was something that worked out that way and perhaps others will give it a go.

Hopefully you'll and DS will be able to find gaming buddies for this sometime, but as TREX mentions, there is a 3 scenario campaign called Dark Alchemy, in the Frostgrave Folio book, that plays solo or 2 player co-op. There are other short competitive campaigns in there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Skimmed through the new manuals. Its very cool that it adds new spells and new soldier types to the fray. Freaking assassins in the one book. Also hire able captains that level up also. Not to mention the other beasts that you fight and such. Im building frostgrave terrain now. @keglo I think there is a campaign in one book that plays solo?
I don't have the one with the assassins, as I don't have Into the Breeding Pits or Forgotten Pacts. My buddy Chris has them all, so when the time arises, we'll refer to his, unless I feel like having a copy of them as well His schedule is kind of wonky now, and he and his girlfriend are looking for houses, so we'll see when we can get together again. In the meantime, I'm going to keep building and painting, and perhaps set things up and let my daughters take it for a test spin. Or invite other guys from my gaming group to give it a go, as others tried it, while some others have yet to be able to give it a go. So plenty of interest, just a matter of scheduling.

The captains looks like a neat option too. Each of the campaign books seems to add a little bit more to the game, though they are completely optional if people want to keep things simpler.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon