View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2016, 12:27 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's Maps, and Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Initial Thoughts:
Cap is right. The elevation that close to the start zone is a concern...with the exception that a big iceblock will block most LOS targets straight ahead.

My main concern is the up and down, choppy elevation through the middle of the map. Any melee armies: knights, legionaires, sacred band etc will have a very difficult time developing across the map. It'll be slow and tedious for them, allowing ranged armies - even with the limited elevation - to still have the advantage b/c of the choppiness of the snow tiles through the middle.
In my own play tests, this was not as big of an issue as it might seem. Though I admit that I wanted to make the middle less choppy, but I ran out of terrain.