View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Anubian Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post
I have found Anubians tough to use in dungeon crawl situations. Either, they have poor rolls and are too easy to defeat, or there is a really good roll in there and they slaughter the adventuring party.
Isn't that the case for any high variance units. You might sat the same for Sudema or Runa or Braxas or . . .
I wouldn't continue that sentence. Too long of a list of D20 based characters.

The thing with high variance heroes is that they are not the core of your army. If they fall, then you might have to pull yourself back up; but with high variance squads, you better not have them as your main method of attacking or else you will be in a little trouble. And with the common thought of less is more(in terms of Army Cards anyways) on this site and in the competitive scene, having 2 routes of assault is not a great idea unless your using bonding somewhere. Of course there are ways to counter-act the high variance trap such as +1 boosts, skilled planning, and other good units to back them.

With the Anubiens anyways, the "+1 boost" usually equates to Khosumet. "Skilled planning" is often up to the user and "other good units" could be range.

Here's a thought for them, why not play with knights, 4th, and Finn? Lots of different units, but might be worth something.

How about:

Range as "other good units"

Anubiensx2
4thx2
Khosumet/////465(add filler to reach 500)
Knights and Viking Champs to help fill in other good units

Knightsx2
Anubiensx2
Finn
Guilty(for range and Finn's spirit)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.