View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2019, 11:00 AM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker
Re: AllthingsHeroscape.com An online store that sells Herosc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
On another note, it's sad that our hobby's stock is disappearing. I imagine most parents just threw away the game not thinking to look online to see what it is worth. Either that or a few people are buying everything up in the hopes of reselling.

This store is one of the few left that sells Heroscape. Your other option is to buy from other users although lately I've found that to be more hassle than it's worth since they want to sell at eBay prices without paying eBay fees. It's really annoying.
You're right, but I feel that whoever is behind allthingsheroscape deliberately overprices some of the items that they're selling. A perfect example is of Wave 4: they are selling the Heroes of Trollsford and the Lawmen and Samurai sets for 79.95$ US each, with both of them being in their original boxes. And yet, I just bought both of these sets in their original packaging from an individual looking to sell off his collection, for only 45$ US each. The extra 35$ price tag, for the same exact product and quality, is a ripoff.

However, it could nonetheless be hard when you are looking for certain sets and some people either don't have all the figures or have the cards laminated. I've had to buy from ATHS sometimes because I have no other way to buy particular figurines.
Yes exactly. His prices are extremely high and are probably the reason why eBay prices are so high. It' falsely inflates everything. I've seen the same items listed for months without ever selling on eBay. I'm really starting to believe that 3d printing figures is the best way to go.
I mean economics says that as long as people dont buy, there will be a crash, cause people will realize 1 it's not worth taking up space/stock/etc or 2. they realize, hey other people arent idiots and won't buy it.
In regards to your 1st point, there are a large amount of people who have started getting back into Heroscape after more than a decade away, and so they're looking to complete their respective collections. I doubt that there'll be a time where the community will no longer be interested in purchasing product.

For your 2nd point, it's all about getting the word out there: if it hadn't been for me being part of the facebook group and this forum, then I would have thought that ATHS was the only place to buy figurines. We should encourage buyers to look to other members of the community, instead of those who are more than happy to rip you off.