View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2016, 07:46 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Noh-Varr - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
4 base attack feels a little low, I think I'd rather see him at 5 base attack. White Running seems a tad complex, but I do really like it. His SA and Enhanced Durability are perfect.

I slightly prefer just Noh-Varr for his name, but Marvel Boy would also be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
White Running is really complex, so to dial that down a bit, I'd like to see it's numbers standardized. Currently it's +4 Move and either 4 unblockable dice or +3 Attack. Making them all 4s or all 3s would help with memory issues and tone down complexity by a bit.
I really considered simplifying the power before I posted, but couldn't decide where to make cuts. After some more thought, I'm leaning toward dropping the +3 Attack. It would simplify things, and also cut some text and the bullet points out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Otherwise good stuff. I'd almost go Arrogant on personality though (unless we're tying synergy to Enthusiastic in which case we're good of course).
Tickle originally had the faction coming together on Enthusiastic and I carried that over at first, but eventually switched to the Class of Rookie.

As for Arrogant, it definitely fits his earlier appearances in Morrison's Marvel Boy series, but I'd argue that Enthusiastic fits much better for his time with the YA. I mean, this is a guy who grew a beard because he got really into country music. I'm not sure how he was portrayed in between the two series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
as far as name goes you could always go with Marvel Boy with Noh-Varr as the Identity. Otherwise just stick with Noh-Varr.
Well yeah, his real name's Noh-Varr. The question is whether to just stick with that or ot go with Marvel Boy, which he did use at one time.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"