View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ant-Man - Designing

Quote:
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = INNOVATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = TINY 2

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 60

RADIO INSECT CONTROL
After revealing an order marker on this card and before taking a turn with Ant-Man, you may first take a turn with one Insect Hero you control.

MIGHTY LEAP 6
Instead of his normal move, Ant-Man may Mighty Leap. Mighty Leap has a move of 6. When counting spaces for Ant-Man's Mighty Leap movement, ignore elevations. Ant-Man may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Ant-Man may not leap more than 50 levels up or down in a single leap. Ant-Man cannot attack on any turn that he chooses to Mighty Leap.

MICROSCOPIC STEALTH
Ant-Man cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figure and does not take any leaving engagement attacks from any figure that is not Tiny.
First off, nice design Griff

I found this on Marvel Comic Database, so I'm guessing that could make him a Mutate.

Quote:
-Continuous exposure to Pym Particles over an extended period of time enabled Pym to generate his reducing and expanding fields spontaneously, without exposure to a new quantity of Pym Particles. Hence, Pym could increase or decrease his size simply by will power. -
I like the Scientist and Innovative.

Life of 3 and Defense 6 are good

Tiny 2 is good so he can walk up a level and attack and defend vs. 1 level higher.

Really like Radio Insect Control

Really like Microscopic Stealth

I'm trying to figure out the Mighty Leap 6 though. That doesn't really jive with me. I mean for one thing, that is farther of a leap than any Swingline or other Leap (aside from Hulk, Abomination, Doomsday and She-Hulk I believe) and not only that, but 50 levels high is as high as Hulk leaps but higher than She-Hulk, Toad, Beast etc, can leap higher than Spidey, Venom, Batman etc. can Swing.

There's just no way that he should have a Leap power like that IMO as I've never seen anywhere near that. I've seen him leap from ground level to give a double fisted punch underneath someone's chin and knock them for a loop, but not like Adam Ant and leap over buildings.

The only thing I can see is that this is a means of representing him flying on an insect, because a move of 6 and up to 50 levels up might as well be flying. So I can almost see him have a flying power on his card and be representing him flying on a winged insect, since this version is basically him bonding with insects anyway.

To replace the Mighty Leap 6, I can see some kind of power where if he begins his turn not adjacent to an opponent's figure, he may add 1 to his attack. This would kind of represent him getting the element of surprise that I've seen him use.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just trying to add my perspective from what I've seen of Ant-Man, but that doesn't mean other perspectives aren't right either, though I really don't see him Leaping 6 spaces and 50 levels high.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; February 24th, 2011 at 09:17 PM.