View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby!
Re: My Custom Marvelscape Map---Updated

Played my first game: An early version of the Avengers (Cap, SW, Hawk, QS, and Giant Man) against Dr. Doom, a Doombot, and some soulbourgs.

The objective involved the Avengers needing to get to the roof to get a glyph.

The two Dooms went out to meet the Avengers (who started in the park) right in the middle of the map on the street and/or in the park.

Giant Man picked up a car and warded off some ranged attacks from Doom, before eventually bashing him out of commission as he stood on the pickup truck.

Hakweye and Quicksilver took out the other Doom due to their multiple attacks.

The Deathwalker wound up doing some damage coming into the fray late while the Zettian Guards took out Hawkeye and Quicksilver from their perch on the warehouse roof (where the glyph was), though Hawkeye also eliminated one with a shot from the road.

Cap quietly worked his way around the broken down warehouse and got up the stairs to finish the battle.

In general, it wasn't a very fair battle, as the villians were a bit under-pointed.

As to how the map played, I thought it really worked to the advantage of the melee figures, as there is a lot of cover for them to work with. Any superstrengthed figure can pick up some of the objects and use it as a shield to approach the opposition.

I think I may add some battlements to the top of the warehouse to add some cover for the villains on the top. Hawkeye, with his 9 range, could just sit back across the streets and take free shots.

For my second game, I need to come up with a scenario that takes place more in the warehouse section of the map.

All in all though, it really seemed like a Marvel Clash, especially Doom against Giant Man where they were on vehicles, and wielding cars.

For my next battle, I will use more superstrength figures to get more objects in play.