View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

I’d say he’s less a minor character and more of a forgotten character. He has well over a 100 issues of basically being the lead character under his belt, and within his own story he’s a pretty powerful dude. If Green Lanterns are space cops, L.E.G.I.O.N. is like the space Pinkertons. Not quite on the same level but not a group to be screwed around with.

I’m more just thinking along the lines of individual power level. He’s a lot like a Lex Luthor (businessman version) or a Doctor Who, where he’s basically just a regular dude, but he’s such a super-genius that he’s always got the upper hand. But like Lex and the Doctor, I don’t think that qualifies him to be a >200 point character in our superhero skirmish game.

I like Manipulation for two reasons;
A) The name. Giving him Negotiation is like giving it to Lex. Not technically wrong, but he’s really much more known for manipulating than traditional fair play negotiation.
B) Interplay with Strategic Intervention. I liked how the 2 powers worked together. Being able to use Manipulation to remove an OM and intentionally flub an attack, then using SI to bring in Lobo for a big hit seems like a really cool dynamic. It would also give him a niche different from Havok, which is important to me if we’re re-using one of Alex’s marquee powers.

I think it might just be best to ditch Manipulation and replace it with something that echoes some of the other Brainiacs a bit. Maybe something similar to his dad’s Telepathic Manipulation. Idk, I’ll think on it for a minute.