View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2019, 11:33 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Acolytes of Vorganund Public Playtesting

Point Total:475
Map: Wyrmwalk by Panopticon
Glyphs: 4 Treasure Glyphs (only 1 got revealed which was bracers of teleportation)

Player 1 - Army: Superfrog's army of 12th x4, Cutters x3, Eltahale
Player 2 - Army: Heroscaper's army of Acolytes x4, Corvor, Skull Demon, Siiv

Which units survived? 2 Acolytes, Corvor with 2 wounds and a full health Siiv

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
I slowrolled the Acolytes across the board, summoning the skull demon about halfway. The 12th started to cut them down with hot rolls along with a cutter screen. The skull demon discovered a treasure glyph of bracers of teleportation and the acolytes and the demon slowly started to cut down the numbers of riflemen and some cutters. Corvor was summoned a little bit towards the start zone when i was getting concerned about the acolytes numbers. The little skull demon that could though carried the army, cutting through riflemen and teleporting to Eltahale and laying the smack down while tanking hits. The acolytes just kept slowly coming and bringing the lord corvor in slowly who rolled exceptionally well on corruption against the enemy (I think missing 5 out of 12 rolls on the squaddies). In the end, corvor swooped in to pick off the scattered units.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
The summoning was very useful letting the slower demons get into the fight rather than get kited.
Dark pact was used a whole lot although the blood requirements led to two cultists loosing their life (out of five total rolls).
Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
The acolytes nailed id say the theme of demon summoning cultists very well. They could do some damage with 3 attack, but it wasn't too obnoxious (I did get some really good rolls as superfrog can attest too). They in a way are a balanced feast or famine unit, if the demon lord they serve messes up, he takes it out on them. I'd say they were very fun to play.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."