View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Exterminate can result in taking a turn with a 2nd one.
I'm honestly liking Bats Exterminate better. I think having a synergy-free Dalek Drone and then some sort of leader to boss them around would be the best way to go.
Quote:
What I was getting at with the driver question, is the tank itself seems really hard to damage/destroy but the little guy inside seems pretty vulnerable if you can get to him and bypass the tank part. So someone like Prof. X who would attack the mind should be better at dealing with them than Wolverine who uses brute force. Not sure exactly how that could be portrayed but it's an idea to consider. Then the Doctor, as a thinking hero rather then a brute force hero, would be good at taking them down too while they would pose a problem for any of his brute force C3G allies.
I like this idea, but I just don't know how to represent it. Hopefully that's where the workshopping comes in.
I can't actually think of a story where a Dalek has been attacked by a telepath but they are generally vulnerable to non-conventional forms of attack, like time weapons, radiation, or tiny people messing around in their body.
Quote:
I like the d20 for auto-wounds approach here too. They seem to have weapons and technology that is fairly deadly. So being a threat to high and low defense figures equally makes sense to me.
Yeah it's a really good power for them. In the show, they're basically 1 shot, 1 kill, unless you're a Time Lord who can regenerate.