Thread: HexScape
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2014, 10:35 AM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HexScape

First of all: Beautiful work on this project!

A couple of things I found:

When I was about to place a figure, scrolling sometimes didn't turn the figure. After placing the figure it worked fine again. As it just happened sometimes I couldn't quite figure out when exactly it happened. Once a figure had already been placed there was never a problem.

Another issue just occurs when you look at the map from a flat angle. When I click on a figure while there are other tiles behind it, the figure is placed on the tile behind it right away. A way to solve this problem would be to only start moving the figure once the mouse was moved a certain distance, or the mouse was clicked for a certain time. Like that, whenever I just click a figure, it only gets selected and won't be accidentally moved some place else.

Something you might already be aware of: It is currently possible to place figures on spaces you can't see, for example behind a ruin, behind a glacier or below an overhang. It is also possible to place figures on spaces occupied by a glacier, a jungle tree/bush or a normal tree.

Another thing you might already know: When opening a different map, any figures placed on the map that was open before remain on their spaces and are invisible. A possible solution would be to open the new map in a different window without any armies loaded in it.

I'm looking forward to the next version! Keep it up

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!