View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2015, 12:36 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Yeah, Idt Greyowl was trying to state an official rule or C3G standard. I think he was just trying to help clarify.
Neither, really. Just stating my own opinion and understanding, and hoping it helped provide some clarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post

So then, the general rule is that since a unit's power can potentially affect that unit as long as it is not trying to be adjacent to, within X LOS/clear sight/normal spaces of, or in a straight line with itself, this is considered the default. Thus, when the design intent is to allow it, no statement is required.
Exactly. Based on that, I'll revise and simplify what I wrote earlier:

LOS, Clear Sight, Adjacent, In a Straight Line from, Within X Spaces

A figure can never meet any of these conditions for itself.
If the figure should be affected: the power needs to explicitly state so.
If the figure should NOT be affected: the power does not necessarily need to state it.

A figure CAN meet these conditions relative to a different figure.
If the figure should be affected: the power does not necessarily need to state it.
If the figure should NOT be affected: the power needs to explicitly state so.