View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2013, 03:55 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Warning long post ahead!

The main problem for the wyrmling though was it capable of wiping the floor for common melee squads. You could attack twice against melee through wyrmling bonding. Then the squad could risk a disengagement attack 33% chance for a wound or they could attack it. With flying it could easily gain height. The valiant personality would give the 4th mass a valiant bonus.

Now to discuss the big problem: Counterstrike.
What I use to analyse it is this: Does the figure have a less than 50% chance of getting whacked with counterstrike and at what attack die number?

4 defense- attacker has to have 2 dice to have a 43.2% chance of counterstrike.

5 defense- attacker has to have 3 attack dice to have a 39.5% chance of counterstrike.

6 defense- attacker has to have 3 attack to have a 49.0% chance of counterstrike.

7 defense- attacker has to have 4 attack to have a 45.0% chance of counterstrike.

8 defense- attacker has to have 5 attack to have a 41.7% chance of counterstrike.

Now I believe Greygnarl's fixes the main problem with the previous versions. With only one counterstrike per turn melee squads can swarm it and take it down without too much loss.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; February 19th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.