View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Local Target had one of their crazy sales.
Finally picked up personal copies of 7 Wonders, Machi Koro (The Target exclusive version with elements from the two expansions), Sheriff of Nottingham, and Small World, all for just over $50.
I had not played Machi Koro or Sheriff of Nottingham before.
Machi Koro runs into the usual issue that games like Dominion have where inexperienced tabletop players take ages to make decisions, extending game length. As it is, it has a Dominion-esque feel, allowing you to build up a powerful engine and have big power turns toward the end. (Example, buying wheat fields or Forests early on will make your late-game Fruit and Vegetable Markets and Furniture Factories into massive income-generators). While not a deck-builder, the randomness of shuffling is replaced by a Catan-type die roll on each player's turn.
All-around, a solid lite experience that isn't too daunting for beginners.

Sheriff of Nottingham was a blast as a simple bluffing game. I can highly recommend it. Wil Wheaton's Tabletop series had it a few years back, but strangely no one ever offered money to the Sheriff to request he check someone else's bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.