View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2020, 11:31 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS 36 - Heat & Insanity - Round 4 until 6/14

Sir H and I just finished. Didn't announce because we played disjointed and weren't sure when we would have a time.

I picked his Ashran build and he countered with his Protectors. Sir H took first placement so he could set up the Birds on height, and honestly I made a number of placement mistakes that I regretted almost immediately. (I was happy with where I put Quahon though) Insanity related to the type of army and the number of army cards in each army is something tricky I haven't wrapped my head fully around yet.

Anyway on to the game

Round 1
I took Gerda and tried to lock down as many Protectors as I could, but there were a lot. They ignored the Ashrans at first and the first attack down on Raelin was 4/4 for 3 wounds. Raelin only took 1 wound from the subsequent attack of 7....but did not hold up to the ranged attack of 8 she saw next. 8 attack is the highest attack from range I have ever seen in a tournament game. (I've seen melee 10 out of Jotun a couple of time in my games and others) I kept plugging away killing 1 or PoU an order marker, and after a round of blocks by Ashran, PoU killed 2 (taking Dagmar). I had killed 4 Protectors

Round 2 (kd wins initiative despite Sir H on Dagmar)
I won init, but didn't do much with it. Sir H got 9 attacks this round and did 9 wounds. 8 to Ashrans, and 1 to Quahon. Most of them were 4v3, but some were 4v4 or 3v4. I did kill another squad of Protectors.

That left the matchup as

Hydra, 5 Protectors vs. Quahon (6 life), 8 Ashrans (all nowhere near the high ground where the Protectors were)

Round 3:
-3 Protector attacks do 2 wounds to Quahon (she is on the south level 5 setup).
-Quahon 3 skull lightning breath kills 2 protectors (3 left). Sir H had done a nice job with separation to make sure I couldn't target 3.
-3 Protector attacks all blocked by Quahon and Ashrans
-Quahon gets a single target and is blocked. I paused to ask a judge if Quahon could be selected as the 2nd target in her chained lightning so I could target 2 Protectors, but it was deemed illegal. (Thankfully in hindsight)
-Protectors get 1 more wound on Quahon (4 wounds)
-Ashrans are able to catch 1 protector and kill him (2 left)

Matchup:
Hydra, 2 Protectors vs. Quahon (3 life), 8 Ashrans

Round 4
-Sir H spreads the Kyrie out,kills an Ashran, Quahon blocks
-Quahon 6v3 blocked
-Hydra stirs
-Ashras position and bait the Hydra
-Hydra takes the bait and kills a Warrior
-Warriors take Dagmar and position

Round 5 (win initiative w/ help of Dagmar)
-Trap sprung. Warriors get 2 heightened attacks down on Hydra. 0 skull and 3 skull attack....both blocked.
-Hydra double disengages (1 wound) and kills both Ashrans (Trap utterly fails)
-Ashrans move
-Hydra moves
-Ashrans kill a protector
-Hydra kills Ashran

Matchup: Hydra (3 life), 1 Protector vs. 3 Ashrans, Quahon (3 life)

Round 6
-Quahon kills last Protector
-Hydra kills Ashra
-Quahon positions
-Hydra kills Ashra
-Decision time. I fly Quahon to the Hydra for even ground smack. 4 skulls. 2 shields. Hydra to 1 life
-Hydra 3 skulls against the 3 life Quahon.....2 shields.

Matchup:
Hydra (1 life) vs. Quahon (2 life), 1 Ashra in BFE

Round 7
Likely came down to this, but I won initiative and the 7v6 from height killed the Hydra.

I won another classic with Sir Heroscape with 1 Ashran and a 2 life Quahon. I doubt Sir Heroscape wants to see me sitting across from him with Quahon again any time soon. gg man