Thread: Origins 2017
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2017, 01:24 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Origins 2017

Cool, almost already to my 8 members! Plus I help run Beer and Boardgames in Cincinnati and can get some members from there as well. Again, looking for one person who can commit to help to send me their phone number.

I will get the ball rolling on event ideas. Here are some quick ideas, post if you like or dislike each and and post any suggestions for other events. First off, I think we can attempt to have 32 max players, but maybe 24 is more realistic, unless we get 20+ people post by the end of this month they are most likely coming. That being said, 5 rounds is the max of any tourney, with 16-player 4 round events as well.

Main event: 475? point (No C3V/SoV allowed, Marvel debatable) Reverse-the-whip (AKA swap armies with opponent). Gencon always dose RTW on day 2, but I think I would mix it up by having every other round be RTW, where odd rounds you play your army and even rounds you play your opponent's army, as it gives everyone a chance to do RTW and evens play for those that bring crappy armies to have a better chance of winning at least some games. I like capping figure limit to 20 as well, but am open to lower or higher.

Draft tourney: Bring 700-750 points of figures (C3V/SoV and Marvel would be allowed, at least 300 points of unique units). There will also be 150-200 points of figures on each map (i.e. lava resistance on lava maps, Drudge on swamp maps, Dragon on map with nice perch in the middle, etc.) Each game, combine your figures with those of your opponent's and the map (throw out duplicate uniques) (so 1550- 1700 points) and draft each game according to rule-book (except make snake draft of 1, 2, 1, 1...) Thinking it would be fun to having different army draft point each game, such as: Round 1: 400, Round 2: 450, Round 3: 500, Round 4: 550.

Heroes Only Speed Tournament: 600 points, Unique/Uncommon Heroes only (No C3V/SoV or Marvel allowed). Every unit gets +2 Move the entire game. I thought of doing a "Heat of the Battle" or "Slug Fest" event, but I though this was a milder way of accomplishing the same goal - make the games go quicker and give more advantage to melee units.

Team Event: 440 point * 2 (Marvel allowed, C3V/SoV debatable) share 24 hex start zone. I think this would be good for kids and newbies and we can maybe have armies available to borrow as a combined learn-to-play event, and maybe make "rolling rumble" where as soon as 2 games end, opponents face off, as some games will take a lot longer than others.

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 9th, 2017 at 03:22 PM.