View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I agree with the apparent consensus that a fair mix of both (4+D and 5+L) is the way to go. Q9 and Brunak do both exemplify the ideal mix. When a unit has 7+D, it doesn't need more than 3 or 4 life to be a typically longlifed figure.

I never trust the blue dice, so I'm always viewing DW8K and DW9K as paper tigers, even with their 8 or 9 Def. Whiffing, even with that many dice rolling, happens way too frequently.

On the flip side, I get nervous taking a high life/low D fig as well. Take Krug for example. 8 Life seems like a lot, but with only 3D, Once Krug starts down that slippery slope of wounds, he goes down fast. (Granted, one WANTS krug to get hurt, but stopping the hurt... that's the hard part! 3D or less just leads to quick death, even with high life.

4D or more is solid. 5 Life or more is solid (but can go down to 3 or 4 if the D gets to 7 or higher)

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson