View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2021, 10:24 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs (New cards! 8/26/21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Take Beakface Sneaks for instance (a recent favorite of mine) being 30 points. On the outside they appear general, but in many situations, they are taskmasters. With evasive 3 they are almost guaranteed a run in swipe unless engaged first. 6 movement, with a movement bonding of sorts for bringing in backup or holding glyphs and high ground.
Again, 30 points! Though bonding is valuable and 3 def is unarguable, I would experiment with lowering these guys to 40 and playtest, and I'd be happy to help playtest once you feel settled on something. Only bring up to 50+ if they have another ability involved. (The 2-figure squad I find most overpriced is the Banshees, though "situationally" against high defense squads, played right, they have a chance to make up for it.)
I could picture that. Comparing them to the other Valkrill 2-mans...
Death Knights: 2 attack (with a -2 defense debuff), 60 pts.
Mezzos: 3 attack (with range, and +1 life per mezzo), 65 pts.
Tomb Archers: 1 attack (2 if target's unengaged, with range), 30 pts.

I would consider them at 40 pts. If I bring their attack up to 4, they'll likely stay around 50. We have to factor in the bonding into their point value as well. I'll take you up on playtesting when the time comes

Quote:
I quite liked Incite Violence as well. Maybe you could have the option to sacrifice an adjacent Vandal to add +3 to your resulted Engagement Strike roll, (thematically where the vandal gets involved, causing the engagement wound, but taking a wound in return).
I've also considered this, but by giving them a survivability power, it would be going in the opposite direction to make them sacrificial. I removed the power altogether when someone put something into perspective for me. Motley already lands his hook 75% of the time, he doesn't need any help with those odds. On top of that, the mechanic would need to be reverse (conditional) bonding like I had before. It ended up being too convoluted and difficult to engineer. I'll leave the reverse bonding to C3V . What I've learned about SoV so far- a card doesn't need 3+ abilities to have flavor. It can be just as flavorful with 2

If I do go the route of a d20 boost for Warhulks, it would probably be on the card of a Unique Warhulk with WARHULK SUPREMACY +1 anytime you roll the d20 for a Warhulk.

Quote:
Final note. I feel "Vandals" could work, but Nihilistic doesn't feel right to me. I see it only as a view or belief than personality. How does the Nihilism affect their personality? Does it make them "wild", "careless", "fearlees", "reckless", etc?
Maybe even Merciless like their merciless leader Motley..