View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2015, 11:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
@Grishnakh , having now played this game, and having previously played with your custom rules and figures, I will say: this game is closer to Heroscape in mechanics than your (awesome!) work (which sits in the Custom Marvel Heroscape section of the boards). Make of that what you will.
OK, drag me back into this! At least you said my customs were awesome!

MtG: AotP is not billed as a Heroscape game. It doesn't say it's a Heroscape game, it doesn't say it's inspired by Heroscape, it doesn't say it's from the creators of Heroscape, etc. To me it sounds exactly like they are trying to distance themselves from Heroscape. So, I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying it's not Heroscape and belongs, at least on our Heroscape site, in Other Games.

Go back and look at BattleMasters. It plainly says from the creators of HeroQuest. In the beginning Heroscape said it was from the creators of HeroQuest. Sadly, at least to me, this new game doesn't acknowledge it's heritage. This is a Magic the Gathering game that does indeed use the Heroscape game engine yet makes no mention of it's source material, or acknowledges it's fan base. Makes me wonder how much input Stephen Baker had in this game's development and if he somehow fought to include the HeroScape/Quest name.

As for my stuff it's posted on a clearly marked Heroscape web site, clearly under the heading Heroscape Comic Hero Custom Creations. I consider my stuff as an add on to the existing Heroscape rules and they work soundly within those rules. If you somehow feel that they are too different a) don't use my rules and b) I would infer from your statement that you think the same of all unofficial customs on this site.

So that's what I made of your statement. Perhaps what I don't get is your point here.

Maybe we should change the title at the top of every page on this site to read:

Your Source for all Things 'Scape! and things that are like 'Scape but don't call themselves 'Scape
I understand you a little better now. It's the spirit of the thing that bothers you. My point was just that there are fewer differences in the mechanics of gameplay between playing Classic Heroscape and playing Arena than there are between playing Classic Heroscape and Grishnakh's Super Scape. I think that's a very debatable statement on my part, though.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV