View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2021, 11:42 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Warden 816

Agree with everything Chris Perkins said. I would also add that I think Honor Guard are a strong squad, but only if you are consistently using Arc Lances. That probably goes without saying, but that's where I think the +1 move is so critical. If you happen to lose a couple of Honor Guard on the front line, that +1 move can make a huge differene in getting reinforcements up to replace them in time to activate Arc Lances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
I haven't played the Honour Guard before so admittedly I'm just theoryscaping here, but is the Warden really that essential a figure for an Honour Guard army? +1 move is nice but the jump from 5-6 move isn't nearly as big of a deal as the jump from 4-5 move, and 90 points is a lot to sink into a figure that only provides a modest benefit to your forces. I agree that the Warden is 100% worth running with 4-move units like the Crypt Guardians, Tomb Skeletons/Tomb Skeleton Archers and Granite Guardians (technically not base 4 move but whatever), but to me it doesn't seem like he's nearly as useful when used with the Honour Guard? Again, I've never actually played the Honour Guard though so I'm happy for someone to correct me on this.