View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
In my aggrevated opinion, they seem to be too much goodness for 40 points.
With such an affordable price, they can be tacked on anywhere in a draft -especially if the collection owner has plenty of squads to divy out to players ( I have 9 squads!) - and royally interfere with a lot army drafts.
I can see their defense at 3 or their squad figure allotment reduced to three figures, or a points increase, or a move of 5, heck even an attack value of 0...
The Scatter with Disengage is the salt in the wound. You can devote the time in attempting to destroy the buggers, but that would also advance the opponent's rats on your turn (unless some special attack renders the Scatter harmless).
Even if you can attempt an attack, other 'reavers can simply slip out of view from the remainder of your activated squad's attack and almost in essence, remove that order marker for that unit.
It's frustrating!
And all for 10 points each figure!

*someone mentioned a Dumetef is worth 25 points if their opponent wastes time to kill it.
Imagine the Deathreavers in this case, for 40 points, and that's IF a player is lucky enough to bag one of the Soulborg vermin.

Personally, they've taken a lot of the fun out of drafting some otherwise excellent units (Wulsinu, Vipers, and slow-moving melee units).

I do like that unique squads seem to handle or bypass the reavers well (Samurai, Ninja, Nakitas with Engagement Strike), but again this is a common, low-point squad they're up against.