View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2016, 12:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Not only did my girls and I play another game of Scythe tonight, but we played 2 more games of it tonight. Morgan has mine and Paige's butts with Polonia. We've all played the same faction board and player board each game, so Morgan has gotten extremely efficient with her combo. And she's won using different means.

After her winning all three games, I told her that she has to change her player board and try to figure out how Polonia works with that. Give Paige and I at least a fighting chance.

The amazing thing is, that Paige is the one that would shy away from longer games. She would play Coloretto, Between Two Cities, Love Letter, Tsuro and stuff like that, but after the first game of Scythe, she was like really wanting to play it again. So we played it tonight, and immediately afterward, she wanted to play again. The original selling point in even getting them to try the game was the female characters and their animal companions. So that got their foot in the door so to speak, but then they really liked it and what a thrill that was for me, who figured they may get through one game and then be done with it.

Definitely a great evening for me with the girls, as before even playing Scythe, we had played volleyball in the backyard for an hour (ritual over the past couple weeks), we cooked dinner (my wife went out for her usual Thursday night volunteer work at a horse stable), we watched the rest of American Ninja Warrior that was recorded and then Scythe.

Now that my twin girls are 13, I am taking advantage of every second they want to spend with their ol' man. You can't buy time, nor get it back, so hanging out with my girls takes priority over everything.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon