View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2018, 11:29 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape Storage

For figures I use the boxes that are similar to the ones Agent Minivann posted. Except I get them at Michael's when they are on sale plus I use the 20
5 coupon. I bought them 2 at a time every time we passed by for a while. I don't have a lot of classic so my mainly Super Hero collection is sorted by theme. I have a box full of Mutants from the X-Men world, a Spider-man and friends and their villains box, a Gotham City box (Batman and family vs Batman Rogues) etc. For me it streamlines army building in that if we want to do a themed battle we only need to pull out one box and it has the good guys and the bad guys.

I have another box that olds a four player set of OM, Dice, D20, round marker, wound markers, and player order disc that we use for initiative order (just four wooden discs from the craft store numbered 1-4 with a sharpie...nothing fancy). I have a similar set of small boxes for Glyphs and other Markers. These sit on the top shelf of the cabinet.

Each box is labeled and coincidentally fit perfectly in an Ikea hand me down entertainment center we have in our play room. one shelf has all the Marvel boxes stacked, one DC, and one everything else. On the other side of the TV is all my classic figures and the taller/special terrain...trees, rocks, glacers.

For terrain I've gone back and forth on the storing them by set bricks and split out. Currently I have a shallow, roll under your bed type of tote that keeps me from having to dig to deep to find things. I keep all single spaced tiles in ziplock bags and all double spaced tiles stacked and rubber banded so they lay on their side in the tote. The rest are stacked in the tote by type and size with all my 24's stacked on the top of the lid.

I'll probably go back to the "by set" next time we reorganize later this summer. I stopped the "by set" when I realized there were maps I wanted to build that I didn't have the full set of pieces but I could proxy and hide other filler tiles under the hidden tiles.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.