View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Gertrude Yorkes / Old Lace (Design Phase)

I really wish we'd just called all the dinosaurs Dinosaurs for species, instead of getting so specific. More in keeping with the way other, broader species work (for instance, ghosts and vampires are both Undead). Someday WizKids is going to put out a mini for Stegron the Dinosaur Man and I'm going to be stuck listing out an encyclopedia's worth of dinosaur names in order to get him synergizing properly.

Nitpicky tangent aside, I like the direction here.

I dunno that Old Lace really gets drafted sans Gert all that often. Giving a 5-attacker double attack strikes me as pretty good for such a small point investment, even if you're running Old Lace in a Martian Manhunter build or something instead of a Runaways one. Which is kinda-sorta what you're shooting for, but I'd say the cause is "Gert is a great value for Old Lace even if you have no other Runaways" more-so than "Old Lace is mediocre without Gert".