View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2016, 01:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: Ruins of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
Valda Keep (PDF, HSC)

Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 BffU

Valda Keep was once an important fortification in Valhalla. Situated where a highway crossed a river, it also sat upon a powerful magical nexus that invigorated travelers passing through. As such, when the Valkyrie began their wars over the wellsprings, it saw frequent conflicts, and was eventually reduced to ruins. But as the keep still maintains its magic, the battles over the rubble continue to this day.

A small skirmish within the heart of the ruins is about to break into an all-out battle, as four groups from two sides of the war are all converging to provide backup...

Spoiler Alert!

A couple stalagmites go unused, but their shadow tile bases are still needed. Starting zones are easy enough to see - one team gets sand, the other rock. Will you try and win the initial fight over the glyph? Will you send your larger outside force to take on the enemy's smaller force, or send them to help secure the keep?

Pretty happy with the way this one turned out. Been a while since I've sat down to actually design a map rather than making one on the fly for a match.
I like this map quite a bit. Not sure if the tournament crowd will be too enthusiastic for it but it is the type of map I find much more interesting and competitively challenging to play on.