View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: OEAO's Power Rankings

Personally I side on the "consolidation of powers" end as the best way to rank figures.

Power ranking figures is alone is tough because armies win games, not figures. Would there ever be a way to independently rate Gladiatrons and Blastatrons? No, they are so inexorably tied together in their best builds that having them at separate ranks would be be impossible.

I love Me-Burq-Sa, but I have him at an A- in my rankings. He is the best bonding hero for two different A- squads, so he's A-. The strength of Me-Burq-Sa is a big reason why the Romans and the Deathchasers are A-, but that doesn't change the strength of MBS, since they depend upon each other.

I think the "separation of powers" argument is basically a buy one get one free fallacy. Buy one: ranked C. Get one free? A+. You can get excited about how the second one is technically free, but you had to pay for the first full price one which you maybe wouldn't have done if you just thought about it more accurately as each one is 50% off.

Kurrok and the FEs is basically the same principle as Glads and Blasts, there's no way to break them apart. Yes Kurrok centralizes the vulnerability where Glads and Blasts each have their own vulnerabilities, but that doesn't make Kurrok bad, it just makes the army bad. The FEs come with all of the vulnerabilities of Kurrok in their best builds. Yes, they carry Kurrok up since Kurrok is worse without them (just like Deathchasers and Romans are notably worse without MBS). But they are worthless without Kurrok, even more so than MBS without bonding squads.