View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2021, 03:35 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Battle Reports

Hey everyone! My group has made it all the way to the 25th game mark. I’m really happy we have reached this milestone. It looks like the path is clear to keep playing C3G all the way through 2021. As noted in the previous battle report, we also reached the 200 unit mark last week. Things are looking up for C3G and my group in the upcoming months. Now, on to the battle report.

The figures I added into my groups meta game this week were Skrull Infiltrator, Shadowcat (I), Black Adam, Energizer, and War Machine. From last week’s game, the winner picked Leonardo. This also finishes off the Ninja Turtles! We have all 4 of them. So now we have a total of 206 figures to play with.

For the map this week, I went with a lava theme. See the picture below:

I had a total of three players this week. We built 1200 point armies out of sets of 20 random cards that were dealt to us. Here is what we fielded:

Gamerhusband (Player 1)

War Machine 270
Storm 220
Wonder Man 350
Thor 430

Player 2

Mandarin 280
Iron Man MK III 220
Black Adam 380
Billy Batson 60
Captain Marvel 360

Player 3

Molly Hayes 180
Colossus 260
Mister Mxyzptlk 240
Moloid X12 120
Gorilla Grood 225
Solomon Grundy 290
Fire Ants X3 30
Energizer 50

Game Play Summary:

The game starts with Wonder Man taking some big victories. He is able to take out Black Adam, and Iron Man Mark III in the first two rounds. He then flies over to Player 3’s start zone and takes out a Moloid. Round 3 starts with Wonder Man killing Solomon Grundy. Player 3 fights back and tries to attack Wonder Man with one of his Moloids. They get one wound. Wonder Man is then able to pull off rolling an 18 with “Ionic Imbalance” and kills all 4 Moloids adjacent to him, and also kills Mister Mxyzptlk! As the rounds continue, Wonder Man’s death doll keeps increasing. He kills Molly Hayes, and Energizer. Player 3 then throws Colossus at Wonder Man, but again Wonder Man is victorious. His celebrity status is confirmed.

So right now I am on a roll in this game. As I continue to clean out Player 3 with Wonder Man, I neglect putting order markers on any other units in my start zone. This lets Player 2’s Billy Batson, move into my side of the map. This did trigger War Machine’s “Auto Chain Gun” but it misses. As a new round starts, I make the mistake of attacking Billy with Storm and turning him into Captain Marvel. This wounds Storm.

So now Captain Marvel has his work cut out for him. It’s him versus Storm, Thor, and War Machine. The Mandarin is close, but basically watching for now. Thor and Captain Marvel fight it out. Captain Marvel is able to switch between Billy and Captain Marvel once to give Thor an auto wound. In the end, Thor has 4 wounds, but Captain Marvel is dead. On the Player 3 side, Grundy is back. Wonder Man was being tied down by Fire Ants and Moloids, but was able to break free and kill Solomon Grundy again.

The ending rounds start with the game taking some dramatic turns. First off, Gundy returns a 3rd time. Then Mandarin really steps up. He starts by killing Thor with his Makluan Electromagnetic Rings, and puts Thor onto a molten lava space. Thor rolls for damage and gets 2. HOT LAVA DEATH! See the picture below:

Mandarin then attacks and kills War Machine with a combo of the Makluan Energy Rings and a great attack roll. Storm is able to attack the Mandarin, but she to falls to the Makluan Electromagnetic Rings as well. She is thrown into the molten lava. She rolls for damage and gets a 3. HOT LAVA DEATH! The round ends with Wonder Man killing Solomon Grundy for a 3rd time.

So the game ends with Solomon Grundy returning a 4th time. While Wonder Man was trying to kill Grundy yet again, the Mandarin was able to move over and attack Wonder Man with the Makluan Energy Rings. Player 2 rolled a 20! This kills Wonder Man outright. With Grundy and Grood still left, they finish off the Mandarin with ease. Player 3 wins the game.

In closing, this was a very strange game. The demise of my units to the molten lava was a big blunder on my part. I did not really respect the power of Mandarin and thought he would be an easy kill. Not taking into account the power of the Makluan Electromagnetic Rings have on a lava map was a big mistake. Solomon Grundy and all the Moloids really kept Player 3 in the game. Those two units, really wasted turns for Wonder Man and kept him tied down. If the Mandarin had not gotten lucky with the energy ring roll, I’m not sure how the game would have concluded.

Game Awards

Hero: Wonder Man
We all know someone who seems to be just prefect. You know the guy, that friend who played every board game you can think of and always kicks your butt. He’s that guy you remember in high school, who was always in shape, always had tons of money, and always got the girl. That’s Wonder Man. He had an amazing body count for this game. Here is the death toll: Black Adam, Iron Mark III, Molly Hayes, Mister Mxyzptlk, Energizer, Colossus, Solomon Grundy X3, Five Moloids, and 1 Fire Ant. 16 total units!

Zero: Black Adam
We had high hopes for him. Player 2 loves Captain Marvel. He was really excited when his nemesis came out in our unit pool. He charged out of the gate with him only to get pounded to a pulp by Wonder Man in two rounds.

Splash Page Moment: Mandarin, The Rings, and HOT LAVA DEATH!!!
If you are going to play the Mandarin, make sure you have a lot of molten lava on the board. The Glyph of Makluan Electromagnetic Rings was brutal on this map. Storm and Thor fell fast and hard, even with the C3G molten lava rules.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread