Thread: Diplomacy
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2021, 03:20 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Diplomacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I would thank the players in the future to try a little harder to bite back gunboat violations, even when things are hot.

I'd be happy to run another, if and when we have the interest in sufficient numbers.
Can you explain what you mean by *gunboat violations* DS?

I'm ready for another game, particularly now that I have some clue as to how to play the game.

Here are a couple of thoughts/explanations for some of my moves:
Because I didn't know what I was doing, I did not believe Russia early on about the strength of England and France. I felt I had established a pretty good working alliance with Italy and that once we eliminated Russia, we could take on England and France.
However, I was concerned that if I left Russia in the game at that point, that Italy might turn on me and that he and Russia would eliminate me at some point.
The main reason I would not settle for the 4 way draw was that I felt that if I had listened to Russia, we could possibly have eliminated France and England and I wanted to atone for that mistake. I am certain it was frustrating for Russia knowing that he was correct and that I wasn't getting it.
Italy had asked earlier in the discussion about discussions between Austria and France in S1903 (as well as Russia and France.) I had indicated to France that I was looking to stab Italy in F1903. However, looking back at it, my press to France was the same that you and I discussed Italy. No promises, but I always threw in your stab of 1901 (it ended up being the gift that kept on giving as I think other countries understood just how fragile our peace was during that time of the game.)
And finally, yes I decided to jerk France around at the end because I had made clear that I would not eliminate Russia. France refused to accept a five way draw. I am easily amused, and I figured that if the game was going to continue, I would amuse myself.