View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2021, 09:40 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I have gone ahead and updated the submission with a new card and revised power text to fix the typo in the SA ability text. No mechanical changes have been made to the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is that a Catapult from Battletech? Trying to remember what the other major missile mech is. Not a Longbow for sure.
I'm not familiar with Battletech, but the base of the sculpt says "Cynosure" Catapult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
It's hard not to see M.A.R.S. as overshadowing Deathwalker 9000. Much better special attack, better Lifense, cheaper price. Worse range on normal and doesn't provide the boost to adjacent friends, neither which is a huge deal. The synergies that VC has added matter, though.
Deathwalker 9000 has a bonding ranged squad, synergy with Deathcommander Mark 3, and better maneuverability (with his 5 move and 7 range, it's much easier to put him where you want him or avoid friendly fire, whereas M.A.R.S. pretty much requires being right in the action). If you compare just Deathwalker 9000 to M.A.R.S. as standalone heroes for 130 or 110 points respectively, then I'd say that M.A.R.S. is generally going to be a better option.

I would argue that this should be the case, though, given that M.A.R.S. lacks the other benefits of Deathwalker 9000 in a VC environment. If he was worse in both contexts, then there would never be a reason to play him. Deathwalker 9000 still has some critical advantages that ensure that the choice between the two isn't meaningless, too. They're very similar without any synergy on paper, but the differences that are there result in different playstyles and a unique niche for M.A.R.S.