View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2024, 06:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Commands & Colors Series

Commands & Colors Napoleonics: Finished off the Expansion 5 scenarios with French vs Russians, Prussians, and Austrians.

The new Expansion 7: Grand Battles is finally due out in 2-3 months. Commands & Colors Medieval Expansion 1: The Crusades was also recently announced for 1-2 months away!

Six more games of Memoir 44 (Commands & Colors) from a Belgian Open. This nation has joined France, Holland, and now the USA with annual M44 Convention events! A pal just returned from the recent Dutch Open with the six printed maps from it, as well as many more European scenario maps, including some from the Breakthrough and Overlord formats.

The latter included one whose subject I'd predicted before he went over there, from a special extra Saturday evening Overlord event he also played in there--Walcheren Island. There is also an entire Con series on Bougainville in the Pacific, and many more including war movie subjects with movie related special rules! The Patton one has a special "I Read Your Book" for North Africa, where the Germans play with an open hand so the US player can see all of their Command Cards!

I don't know if I'll ever catch up with all he brought over. He even sold me a hard plastic artists transport tube for them.

A new anniversary expansion for Memoir 44 is due out around June 6 (the historical D-Day)--no details on what it will be yet.

C&C is my favorite light wargame series by Richard Borg. I own all 11 designs with all of their publised expansions (dozens of them) and as you can see, lots of fan made stuff as well. Besides the two expansions mentioned above, Mr. Borg is now seeking a publisher for "Big Battle Cry," the redo of his American Civil War design, including a larger format and years of updates including a second card deck, when the game was locked up with Hasbro, who recently let the game's rights revert to that designer.

Two solitaires (playing both sides) of my new Dune: War For Arrakis that finally arrived. The Harkonnen won my face to face game previously mentioned with a live opponent, but Atreides won the two solitaires. BGG posters now seem to think the game is well balanced, with the Harkonnen being easier to play in this asymmetrical game. There remain additional modules and the two expansions to try out later on after I've got the core game down!

Last edited by chas; March 26th, 2024 at 08:03 AM.