View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2018, 12:26 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played Keyforge at a FLGS this weekend with the two demo decks that FFG provided the store. I'm looking forward to its official release. This game addresses basically all of my personal issues with Magic:
1. The opponent has far too many options on your turn.
2. The one player in the group who spends way more than the rest has a huge advantage.
3. Mana Screw/Flood
4. Stale metagame

It especially addresses #1 expertly. As with MTG, creatures (and artifacts here) come with summoning sickness, giving your opponent a chance to do something about them before getting demolished. Second, keys are forged if you have 6 Aember at the *start* of your turn, giving your opponent a turn of being in 'check' and may attempt to stop you in some way. Basically, your opponent still gets to do things similar to interrupts in MTG, but only with card effects that are already face-up on your turn, or by negating what you did on their next turn after you've started it.

2&4, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Last edited by Nukatha; October 16th, 2018 at 12:54 PM.