View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2019, 08:15 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What got you into Heroscape?

What I remember growing up was that commercial that would always seem to play on television. Eventually I gave in and went to go get some. I think the first set I got was RotV 2nd edition walmart exclusive with the vipers. I can't remember exactly how but I gathered up more after that and eventually found the checklist with each and every set. It was slow but I eventually filled up my list.

The players I would play with were all neighbors and I would create large maps using each and every piece I owned and we played using each and every figure. They got their own stuff as well and we would play at their homes but after less and less play time their pieces soon became mine out of donation; they knew I would have much more use out of it then them. By the time they bought pieces the 2nd master set came out and that's what everyone got, so I now have around 4 of those. I was the only one able to find a tundra set but my friend was the only one with a volcanic set and soon both were mine. One of my friends went and bought as much as they could find, but it was late in the game and the internet was still not the shopping mall it is today.

I truly finished off my collection a few years ago managing to get every exclusive, the only pieces I could never get in store. I never knew the power of common squads having just about 1 of each and I never used order markers right until getting into the competitive arena and making it here on this site.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet