View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2019, 10:23 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Well met!

"I hear you. I'm thinking you want something like this:

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Points 120

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 120

ULLAR'S COURAGE
Add 1 to Rania's attack dice for every figure that follows Ullar within 4 clear sight spaces of Rania up to a maximum of +3 dice.

ULLAR'S BATTLE CRY
After Rania wounds an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, you may move 3 squad figures you control who follow Ullar up to 3 spaces each."
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
I hear you. I'm thinking you want something like this
(added bold for emphasis)

I think this is the inherent issue here with these designs...designing has NOTHING to do with what he or we or any of us want. Your customs are what YOU want. First and foremost as a designer you need to love what you're making, not trying to necessarily please all of us. We'll have our opinions and try to help you realize issues if it's something you're going for the SoV...but we'd rather you focus on what your own vision is then trying to please the general public.
I hear you. I should have used the word "suggest." I think I hadn't entirely taken in what was being said up to now. My vision is not set in stone, and I do feel that this is a cooperative process - perhaps more for me than for many. I can see that Demetria doesn't need a special attack and Ullar's Courage gives Rania plenty of pop in lieu of a special attack. The versions of Demetria and Rania above are reasonable evolutions from their original forms, while retaining their fundamental characters.

Ready for testing?

P.S.: "First and foremost as a designer you need to love what you're making, not trying to necessarily please all of us." Love in this case, for me, happens with experience. It's all in the play. A concept may be lovable in theory, but play poorly. Another may not initially grab me, but play wonderfully. I do not always grasp the difference immediately. To me, it is fun to create customs within SoV parameters/processes and, Kha being an example, I think the final product will be pleasing and elegant, and not some sort of betrayal of my initial vision.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 27th, 2019 at 11:34 PM.